June 10, 2020

Immigration France

EU/EEA citizens

From 2005 it is no longer necessary for students with an EU passport (including Norway, Switzerland) to get a residence permit. An identity card or a valid passport is required.

Non-EU/EEA citizens

CoPeCo students registered by CNSMD Lyon : please apply for a visa “étudiant en mobilité” through https://france-visas.gouv.fr/en_US/web/france-visas before starting the programmme (you may select “France Métropolitaine” as the main destination, then “études” as your project and then choose the option “étudiants en mobilité”).

Other CoPeCo students: For non-EU/EEA students, a temporary residence permit is necessary for a period of more than three months stay. Please apply for a French Visa through https://france-visas.gouv.fr/en_US/web/france-visas or use the “EU mobility visa” if available (please read the Tallin visa section). In both cases, please get in touch with the French consulate in Stockholm or in the home country very soon after the beginning of the 2nd semester.

A visa “étudiant en mobilité / students in mobility” is the only type allowing you not to ask a visa for each semester.

For more information, please visit the Préfecture du Rhône website (97, rue Molière – 69003 Lyon)