June 10, 2020

Insurance France

Please find more information about medical insurance and care here.

The French Social Security provides foreign students with social coverage while studying in France. To increase the amount of their healthcare expenses that is reimbursed, some students may take out a complementary health insurance, or “mutuelle” (in the case of a long stay).

Upon arrival, foreign students have to prove that they are health insured for the duration of their mobility at the CNSMD Lyon. The European Health Insurance Card is then necessary for EU students, while non-EU students can benefit from the French Social Security (whatever the type of VISA detained) by registering online.

Please equally note that you need to subscribe to a Civil Liability Insurance contract in order to complete your registration at the CNSMDL. It is often less expensive to get one in France by registering to SMERRA here. It costs 16 EUR for a whole year.